Spring Statement 2022
- March 24, 2022
- Posted by: Best4business_Admin
- Category: News
The Chancellor made his annual Spring Statement speech yesterday where he set out the Government’s tax plan to support the UK economy, businesses and families in both the short and the medium term.
Key measures the Chancellor announced as part of the plan include:
- an increase to the National Insurance Primary Threshold for Class 1 NICs and the Lower Profits Limit for Class 4 NICs from 6 July 2022, aligning it with the equivalent income tax personal allowance which is set at £12,570 per annum
- from April 2022, self-employed individuals with profits between the Small Profits Threshold (SPT) and the Lower Profit Limit will not pay Class 2 NICs, while allowing individuals to be able to continue to build National Insurance credits
- the Employment Allowance will be increased by £1,000 from 6 April 2022 to £5,000, which will benefit around 495,000 businesses
- an immediate reduction in duty on diesel and petrol from 6pm on 23 March 2022, by 5 pence per litre, for 12 months.